Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Diving and fun with photography

I was pretty freaked out, I'll admit it.  The diving here uses meters instead of feet, a different 'out of air' measure (which I found out later is actually more than we use for PSI in the states) and a few other different hand signals. But it was a great time!
We started our diving at island #5 in the Similan Islands- this was the scenery on the way out:

I thought it so cool for these huge boulders to be in the middle of the sea..

This one's for you Casey- Lyn.. :)

Nervous me!

Anyhow, it all came back to me and after a minor (ok, major- at one point I floated all the way to the surface from about 15 meters and I couldn't control it!  Scary but we had a great dive guide that pulled me back down and put another weight in my pocket.) incident we had a beautiful dive.  Dean was also pretty freaked out about losing me completely underwater but he really enjoyed the scenery as well- we saw SO much color down there and the visibility was perfect. I was a little apprehensive to do the second dive due to my TMJ issues with holding on to the regulator but I talked myself into it and it was my best dive ever!  For those of you who dive, you can appreciate how amazing it feels to have your weights right, your breathing pattern down and to just BE down there.  Dean had a few issues with his mask but all was well after about 15 minutes. 

Success after 2-60 feet dives!

Yum-o

All in all, Khao Lak was such a beautiful break!  Our pool villa was amazing, the Le Meridien is a beautiful resort and it all helped get us into 'vaycay' mode.  Here's some night pics of the resort-gorgeous!
Entrance to Le Meridien Khao Lak

I was trying to get a pic of the torch in the middle but I caught this little snail and his trail on the way.. :-)


Full moon!

We're in Krabi now, another kind of beautiful that I can't even explain.. we golfed this morning, went to the town of Ao Nang, booked a rafting/ATV trip for tomorrow and a private diving charter for Saturday!  Wahoo! Post again soon, xo


No comments:

Post a Comment