Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chiang Mai Adventures

Hello!  We made it safely and all I can say is.. WOW.  Thailand is so beautiful because of its culture, people and customs.. it truly opens your eyes to make you see what the US is majorly lacking.  We have already met some of the friendliest, most helpful people along our journey and it's so great to be thrown into a completely different time (literally!) and place.  I don't have much time to write so I will try to give an update with pictures:
Our flight path around the world

Perusing the dinner and breakfast menus while enjoying my champagne :)

Dean loving the entirely flat beds on our flight!

23 hours of flying time later, we have finally arrived.  I vaguely remember this shot, we were beyond exhausted.
Ronald and I doing the Wai- the Thai version of a handshake/wave.
Dean releasing birds at one of the temples- it's good luck!
First tuk-tuk ride-hence the blurred/terrified look of this photo.
:-D
We went to a very poor village where they make umbrellas and will paint anything you want (in beautiful design) for a donation.  Super amazing people here.
Dinner at a local hotspot on the Ping River recommended by one of the great people we have met- best live music I've heard in a while.. and the FOOD here- I can't even put it in to words!

So that's it for Chiang Mai for now, we leave today for Khao Lak, will post again when we have time. XO

1 comment:

  1. :-) Looks fun! Enjoy! Cheeks is doing super well and very happy!! I'll e-mail you! Peace homey

    ReplyDelete