Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mii Fit..?

So.. I would like to think that right now-this very second- I am in the best shape of my life.  Dean and I have done a great job at dragging eachother to the gym, drinking our protein shakes and mixing up our workouts.  Plus, we're both seeing results!  I've actually put on weight (everyone seems to think this is a wonderful thing because I was 'just so skinny and small' before.. hmm.. I digress..) and am satisfied but getting a little bored with where I'm at.  SOO when my mom told me she was getting us a Wii for the holidays I was very excited- I have heard amazing things about the Wii Fit and other exercise games that go along with it. She also got us this little devil:

Top rated on all the Wii game sites, people have lost hundreds of pounds, blah blah blah.  This 'game' is an unforgiving, relentless jerk of a personal trainer!  My confidence flew out the window when she (and the little flashing screen in front of me blinking 'NO YOU IDIOT, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO A SIMPLE SQUAT') suggested that maybe I watch the 'how-to' video clip on the excercises on just about every exercise I performed.  After about 14 minutes of my 'Quick 20 Minute Workout' I was heaving for air and fully aware that I am indeed NOT in the kind of shape I previously thought I was in.  I am sparing you the gory play-by-play I was planning before, but in summary: All sarcasm and slight panic attacks aside, this game is absolutely great to use for getting in shape.  It's like a personal trainer without the germy gym equipment and exercise pant wedgies walking around.  You can gasp for oxygen all you want and curse in the privacy of your own home.  Brilliant! 
I am now determined to beat this thing.  Or at least maybe finish the full 20 minute workout.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to the whole wii thing but I am so wanting one and thanks for letting us all know about it. I need some motivation and even direction since I haven't worked out in years.ahhh so sad to even say! I have been wondering what kind of program to start this may kick my butt too badly right now I might need to start slow lol!!
    If you go private cusotm3d37@yahoo.com is my email I'd love to keep viewing your blog. Thought I already left you a comment but it didn't show up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I tried Wii sports last night and had a blast. I haven't been brave enough to try our Wii active yet -- and you're not helping!

    ReplyDelete